Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tivoli



Despite the fact that I haven't opened my backpack in days and am running out of clean underwear (I'm seriously struggling in the whole domestic duties/organizational department right now), I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and spend my Saturday afternoon at Tivoli. Built in 1843, Tivoli is a combination of beautiful gardens and theme park - the second oldest in the world - located right in the center of the city. After making a quick pit stop for meal-sized free samples of Indian food my friend Kat and I ventured over to the park. Side note: I have become a connoisseur of food samples and can happily direct you to all of the best free bites in the city. My favorites include the Torvehallerne marketplace and Illum bakery (they don't know me at these fine institutions yet but I am seriously considering disguises...)

Anyhow, after paying the $18 dollar entrance fee we spent a few hours walking around the park. It was the last day of the season before it reopens for Halloween and Christmas so there were plenty of overeager foreigners snapping pictures (me) and cherubic Danish babies in expensive strollers for me to feast my eyes on. I've been wanting to take some pictures of the baby carriages here but haven't quite figured out how to negotiate the creepiness factor yet. Stay posted.

Unfortunately the rides cost $15 dollars each so we decided to just try one. I think we made a good choice as the swings we went on gave us a view of the entire city from above. Slightly nauseating but well worth it. Here are a few pictures that will make you never want to return to Six Flags New England.


No comments:

Post a Comment